Are you aware that implementing off-page SEO techniques can boost your website rankings and multiply its traffic?
In this article, I will tell you how to do it.
Investing your time and effort in adding the right off-page SEO techniques for your website is as important as your on-page SEO. Many websites make the major mistake of neglecting the essential off-page activities which hamper their ranking.
With the help of off-page SEO, you will be able to build authority and trust for your website.
When it comes to off-page SEO techniques, link building is probably the most important one according to Google and other search engines. But if you think it is the only way then you are wrong. There are other tactics as well which will help you to get your desired result.
So let us now go through the off-page SEO techniques that will help you to get more visibility and traffic for your website organically.
The purpose of backlinks is to build authority and trust in your website.
Links are mainly of two types:
a. Dofollow links.
Any link is a Do-follow link unless it has a No-follow attribute. A Do follow the link in simple terms indicates the search engine to crawl to the websites and understand which websites are linking to each other.
Suppose you get a link from a high authority and reputable website, then the search engine will see your website to be reputable as well. In this way, you will get a higher ranking on the search engine results page.
b. Nofollow links
A no-follow link in simple terms tells the search engine not to follow that link. It does not cause any effect on your website’s ranking whereas a do-follow link boosts ranking. Technically speaking a no-follow link will have a rel=” nofollow” HTML tag.
Although as a viewer both the links look the same but when you check the code you will see the technical difference and that is how the search engine views it.
So, you must always focus on getting do-follow links only from reputable websites to increase your website’s ranking.
Many people have a misconception about backlinks. They think the more backlinks they acquire the better it gets for their ranking. In this way, they compromise on quality.
But it is wrong. The search engine values the quality of the link so try to get many quality backlinks. In other words, backlinks from high domain authority websites.
Steps to get quality backlinks.
- First, you need to select the blog in which you want to get backlinks.
- Once that is done, have the target keyword from that blog and search on Google or any other search engine that you use to find out which website is ranking for that keyword.
- The next step would be to copy the URL of the top pages which ranks for that keyword and search it on any backlink checker tool available like Moz or SEMRush.
- Over there you will get the data of which websites are linking to that blog. Check the domain authority, page authority and spam score of the site (ideally below 3%). You can also export and sort the data according to your convenience.
- Now, you will have to make sure that your content is better or as good as your competitor.
- Then get in touch with the site owners who were giving backlinks to your competitor’s blog.
- You can send a personalized email to the website owner by letting them know about your content which is similar and request them for a backlink.
2. Broken link building
You might have noticed some web pages give you a 404 error. This error means that the link is dead or broken.
Your objective will be to find these broken links of websites from your niche and inform the owner of the website about the situation so that they can replace it with your link. In this way, you will be able to create a backlink.
It is a sort of win-win situation for both since you will be helping the site owner to identify the broken link and create a backlink by replacing the broken link with your working link.
Steps to get broken links
- You need to choose the blog or the topic of the content for which you want the backlinks.
- You will have to search for the keyword that you want to rank. Make a list of reputed and authoritative websites from your industry which are ranking for that keyword.
- Copy the URL of the websites and search it on a broken link checker tool such as Screaming Frog to find out the number of broken links.
- Once you find the broken links, you can see the ones who are linking to the broken link.
- You can just put the broken link to any backlink checker such as Moz or Ahrefs in order to find everyone who is linked to that broken link.
- Once you have that data, you can send all of them a personalized email to inform about their broken link and let them know you have a similar content. If they feel your content is helpful then they will definitely link it.
3. Resource pages link building
A resource page is a page that contains important information and lists valuable links about a topic.
It is created mainly to list relevant links. Thus, you can use the resource pages from your industry to your advantage to build links.
So, if you publish relevant content on a resource page of your industry, you can get a link.
Steps to get links from resource pages
- The first step will be to find the resource pages from your industry. You need search your keyword with the word “links” or “resources”, you will find resource pages.
- Once you get the page, you need to check the domain authority. If it is good then find out which content of yours will be most relevant and helpful for that page.
- The last step would be to send personalized email to the site owner and inform that you have a relevant content for his page which would add value to that page.
4. Guest posting
Guest posting or guest blogging is all about writing articles for a different website. You will find opportunities to write an article or a blog for a high domain authority website. If the website has a domain authority below 30, you should not think about creating a backlink even if you get the chance to guest post. So always consider websites with a domain authority of above 30.
Many high-quality websites accept guest posting for free as well paid.
Once you find that, write the article and place the link to your website. Since it will be a high domain authority website, naturally it will drive massive organic traffic.
In this way, you will be able to drive traffic from that website to your website.
As a writer, guest posts will also help you to build your brand and people will get to know you in your industry.
Steps to follow
- You need to find opportunities of guest blogging or posting in your niche by doing a search on the internet.
- You can also check about the backlinks that your competitor got through guest posting.
- Just copy the URL of your competitor on any backlink checker tool and from there you will find the sites that are linking to him through the help of guest posts.
- Once you have the list of websites, you can send the site owner an email informing how helpful your content will be for his site.
5. Local SEO
You need to focus on working on Local SEO. We will now discuss how you can optimize your site through this strategy to gain organic traffic locally.
- Firstly, you need to add an account for your company in Google my business and it is one of the most crucial steps to increase visibility of your business locally.
- Next comes the Citations. These are nothing but mentions about your business in terms of Name, Address and Phone number (collectively known as NAP).
- You need to submit your details to data aggregators who will collect your basic business information and they will distribute your NAP in most popular sites such as Facebook, Bing places, Apple maps etc.
Which Of These Off-Page SEO Techniques Will You Use?
These were all the important off-page SEO techniques that you need to focus on. Remember, this is time-consuming, and you need to have a lot of patience to get the desired results. But most importantly it is worth it since it will help you to drive a huge quantity of organic traffic.
If implementing these off-page SEO techniques sounds challenging to you, then you can get in touch with our experts to help you. You can book a free consultation with us anytime you want.