Are you a budding entrepreneur or a start-up wondering how to promote your products and services? While startup marketing can be a challenging task for many entrepreneurs, we are here to make things simpler for you. Let us talk about a few digital marketing tactics that you can use to reach out to millions of people.
Digital marketing is excellent for any company, old and new, to reach out to the right audience. Understanding what your business requires to grow is vital and thus opting for the right startup marketing services can make or break the future of your business.
Here are some tactics that will help you to boost your business successfully:
1. Build a strong website focused on startup marketing
As you are a newcomer in the world of business, very few customers would be knowing about your business initially. So, you have to take appropriate steps to increase your visibility in a strong way.
The best way to reach out to people is through your website. Many start-ups have used it very effectively to showcase who they are, and how they really can make a difference to the lives of their customers. In fact, e-commerce businesses thrive on the sales that they make through their site alone.
Needless to say, creating a website should be one of the first things that you should do!
While creating your website keep the following points in mind:
- Choosing a nice design isn’t enough. Make a special effort to write the content nicely. Convey all the crucial information about your business to the visitors. A nice design is important, but what the customer really wants to know is how you can help them, or solve a problem that they are facing. If you need some help in this respect, we can help you.
- Help the customers to find their way through the different pages of your site. So include proper menus and links that will help them to navigate through your entire site. In fact, this is also a crucial factor for google. So if you want the search engines as well as your customers to see your entire site effortlessly, then creating clear navigation paths that are easy to comprehend by most users is essential.
- Provide your contact information and integrate the social platforms where you promote your business on your website.
- Too much of the text is a repellent. Make the website visually pleasing with graphics, so that the customers really feel like spending a lot of time on your website.
2. Make your site the Oprah of your business to get noticed
Attracting your target customers to your website is the important step to take after building a having a website. You need hordes of people to visit your website so that they get to know about your business and eventually turn into potential consumers.
Simply building a website is not enough. If you do not want it to remain in obscurity as millions of websites do, promote it solidly!
Visibility of your website can be implemented in two ways
a. Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
This is a free but time consuming way of getting visibility in search engine results. If you want to know more about this, read our previous post here. SEO is a rock solid and effective way of getting displayed prominently by Google, Bing and other search engines, and can potentially get you found by complete strangers.
b. Search Engine Management (SEM):
Are you in a hurry to get visibility? Planning a limited time promo of a product? Or are you planning to launch a new product and can’t wait to tell the world about it? Then you need SEM.
SEM is a paid advertising method that can show up your campaign as an ad or sponsored results in search engine result pages. It is powerful, fast and effective. When done properly, SEM can generate high returns for a business. Read this post to know more about SEM.
3. Social Media Marketing
Most of the people spend hours surfing the internet. With rapid increase online shopping and availing online services, social media is one of the best platforms to promote your business. If your business targets the youth or young adults, social media platforms like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are appropriate. You could also opt for business-oriented social networking service like LinkedIn.
4. Mobile App
With a steady shift of preference for mobile apps to internet browsing, you may consider creating a mobile app for your business, depending on what you deal in. With a forecast of 4.77 billion mobile users, mobile app will be a smart choice for your business.
5. Content marketing
Another successful startup marketing tactic which does not require a heavy investment is content marketing. This focuses on the creation of informative and attractive content that tells the customers about what your business does. It helps to engage your customers, makes you trustworthy in their eyes, and also helps them to decide whether to purchase your services or not. It aso helps in SEO, i.e. in getting you good search rankings.
6. E-mail marketing
E-mail marketing is capable of generating very high returns at a moderate cost. If you are starting your business with a limited budget to spend on digital, e-mail marketing can be suitable for you.
Try out a few of these startup marketing tactics, and let us know how your experience was. I am sure that once you go the digital marketing way, there will be no limits to how much your business can grow. However, ensure that you hire the right team members, or choose a digital marketing agency to help you out. This is very critical, as going wrong on this front can get you unwanted results that can become difficult to manage later.